With my friend’s self-marinated balsamic garlic, I whipped up a simple and delicious seafood Olio pasta for lunch. The key to the dish is definitely the marinated garlic which I don’t own the recipe. I shall rely on my friend’s lifetime supply! (yippee). Let me know if you would like to order from her. I can link you up! As requested by some friends, here is the step by step to whipping up a simple seafood olio. I made fried garlic rice with it too! Simply Yum!
Tips: There is really not many tips in this dish except to make sure you don’t overcook the seafood and go easy with the olive oil if you prefer less oily. I added parmesan cheese to reduce the oiliness. A plus if you love cheese like I do. I used a pot and a thong to cook this dish for 1 pax portion.
Step by Step:
- Fry the marinated garlic with the balsamic oil that came with the marinated garlic. If you do not have that, use Olive oil.
2. Determine how much oil you prefer, I like to use 3-4TSP of oil.
3. Fry the garlic until it turns brown, it will only take a few seconds.
4. If you are using non-marinated garlic, slice as many garlic as you prefer (8 cloves for me)
5. Pan fry till golden brown with low heat, careful not to burn the garlic to prevent bitter aftertaste.
6. Dish out the garlic and add in the seafood and pan fry them.
7. I will pan fry the scallop first before prawn as it takes longer for scallop to cook.
8. Add in the prawns and fry till 50% cooked when it turns orangy red and dish out the seafood and set aside.
9. Add in the preferred pasta and the marinated garlic again.
10. Add in the parmesan cheese and Italian parsley and stir it thoroughly.
11. Lastly, add in the seafood.
12. Switch off the stove after 3min.
Serve it and enjoy!