I fell immediately in love with the Korean spicy carbonara rice cake that I made last week. So here I tried to whip up a different taste today for lunch. It’s really very simple too for a quick lunch.
Tips: Rice cake tends to clump together and stick to the bottom of the pan, so stir frequently to break up the clump.
Step by step:
- Soak the rice cake in hot water for 10min ( soak longer if you prefer it softer )
- Mix the sauce :
- 1TSP Korean red pepper paste, chili powder, 1/2 TSP red chili flakes.
- 1TSP Soya sauce, sesame sauce, minced garlic, Korean rice syrup.
- 3 TSP water.
- Add 1/2 TSP of sugar if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Fry the ham, hotdog and bacon for 2min.
- add in the rice cake and fry for another 2-3min.
- Add the mixed sauce.
- cook for another 3min, add more water if you prefer it more fluid.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds, I forgot when I took the shots 😛
- Optional: add some spring onion if you like.